Wednesday, February 24, 2010

19 days till departure


My mom and I went to Goodwill last week where I snagged these three great skirts. the jean one is from Christopher and Banks originally, the brown one so comfy, like a light sweat material and my favorite the blue swirly one is actually a dress. It wasn't till I got home that I found it still had its tags and was from New York and company originally 59.00 and each of them to me were $4 each!

AC Moore had their paper on sale this week, 40% off. I found this great shiny gold paper. I am planning to tell the story of Madugu first and this will go perfect as the story emphasizes the gold page. I know the kids will love it! We found out yesterday that we are even going to get to go on one of the bush trips while we are there. We will be discipling some of the Christian ladies and no doubt spending time with some of the kids too. We are getting excited and getting things in order.

1 comment:

Karis said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and realized that my mom is leaving the States on the 15th and getting here on the 16th. I was a little confused on that when I wrote the post saying she was coming on the 15th. :-)

What airline are you flying with? Or maybe I should ask where your Europe stopover is? I can't remember what my mom's final itinerary is -- we looked at so many... :-) I'll have to ask her. It would be such a blessing for her if she flew into Yaounde with you guys because the only part I'm nervous for her about is getting her luggage and the hassle that can be with the porters bombarding you and being demanding and speaking little English.

So excited to hear about the opportunities you will have here!