Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter week




The week leading up to Easter was a little CRAZY..OK maybe a lot! Mike picked us up from the airport at 6, we got home around 8:30. Loved on the boys and showed Mom and Dad our souvenirs as they were leaving the next morning to take Laura back to Greenville and see my brother Will who was in the Living Gallery this year. We also had to unpack and sort our suitcases as we had mixed our stuff all up trying to get all the wood things in Laura's suitcases only and keep them all underweight. Like I said my parents left the next morning which meant we moved into their house to take care of my Gdma. I spent that day and the next going back and forth between the two houses unpacking, doing laundry, unpacking and the other things like making meals, spending time with the boys. One really helpful thing were these Jet lag pills we took. I was waking up around 7 ready to go and didn't need a nap. Saturday I went to the grocery store to get some things...candy for egg hunt, eggs for dying, marshmallows and crescent rolls for making resurrection rolls. Abe went with me as Mike wasn't feeling well. So after dinner the boys searched for the eggs. Caleb found the only big egg that had a special prize in it..a dollar! Abe even did pretty good finding some eggs. Then we dyed boiled eggs. Next was bath time and then we made resurrection rolls. That was a first for us. Usually we put candles out and blow them out each night leaving them dark for the weekend and then lighting them all Sunday morning. Not being around though to do that, I really liked doing the rolls with them. I like doing all this on Saturday so Sunday the focus can be more on the Christ's resurrection. Sunday I was in charge of teaching Mom's SS class of 3rd-4th graders, which I really enjoyed and then I had nursery during our church's Easter program. Sunday night began our Revival services with Scott Sivinsky. We had our photo shoot after the morning service, halfway through Caleb pointed out a snake that was right beside me. We continued but I kept a closer eye on Abe that he didn't get to close. I was disappointed Mike could not join us. Mike was able to make put the turkey breast in the oven and I made potatoes, gravy and broccoli once I got home. It was a different Easter to be sure but I pray the boys understood more of the reason we celebrate it.

No comments: