Tuesday, June 10, 2008

7 Year Anniversary


Yesterday was our 7 year anniversary. The day was pretty much a normal Monday. I gave Mike his present at breakfast - a glass Pepsi pitcher - mostly so Caleb wouldn't give him any more clues and give it away! I also bought him some Root Beer - a splurge he doesn't get very often. When he came home from work he gave me beautiful pink and yellow roses and a Josh Grobon CD. I feel so spoiled lately with Mother's day, my birthday and now my anniversary. I had one of our teens come over to watch the boys while we went out to dinner together - we chose Applebees since we hadn't been there for several months. As glad as we were to spend some time alone together the dining experience was really bad. We even talked to a manager since we had been there two hours before getting our dessert the third part of our pick a combo meal to go. The manager did give us 20% off and 2 free desserts next time. I also got Mike's cold from him yesterday...nothing too bad just a runny nose. No question about it I married my best friend and our lives have been changed more like Christ for knowing each other. Our ministries have been more effective and we have been able to produce a beautiful family. We are so thankful God brought us together.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Doesn't the time go by so quickly! We celebrate our 7th on June 30th! Sounds like you had a great day and maybe there is a reason you hadn't been to Applebees for a few months! Go there to get your free desserts and then never go back! =) Oh well, hu!